Product type: Wordpress Plugin
CP Contact Form with Paypal
With CP Contact Form with Paypal you can insert a contact form into a WordPress website and connect it to a PayPal payment.
Once the user has filled the contact form fields and click the submit button the posted data is saved into the WordPress database and the user is automatically redirected to PayPal to complete a payment. After completed the payment the website administrator (the email indicated from the settings) will receive an email with the form data and the user will receive a confirmation/thank you email.
Both the paid and unpaid forms sent will appear in the WordPress settings area with the mark of "Paid" or "Not Paid" so you can check all the details and contact the user if needed.
This WordPress plugin is useful for different types of contact forms, booking forms, consultation services, payments for joining events or paid support.
Note: For non-WordPress websites there is a Paypal payment form for Dreamweaver also developed by our company.
The main features are:
- Supports many contact forms into the same WP website, each one with its own prices and settings.
- Allows checking the messages for both paid and un-paid submissions.
- You can customize the notification email details, including from address, subject and content.
- Easy setup of the PayPal payment, basically just indicate the price and email linked to the PayPal account. There are optional fields for language and currency settings.
- Includes optional captcha verification.
- Supports discount codes/coupons. (*)
- Optionally you can disable the PayPal payment requirement to use it as a classic contact form. (*)
- Supports HTML formatted emails (*)
- Can be tested with the PayPal Sandbox (*)
- Upload fields included / upload processing (*)
- Can be setup for recurrent payments / subscriptions (*)
- Accepts optional prices on selectable fields, for example dropdown, checkboxes and radio buttons. Selected prices will be added to the total to bill (*)
- Exports the submissions to CSV/Excel
- Includes an advanced Form Builder that lets you to customize the form and field validations. (*)
(*) Some of the features are present only in the Professional version.
To install the WordPress plugin follow these steps:
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the files into the folder "/wp-content/plugins".
- Configure the settings at the administration menu >> Settings >> CP Contact Form with Paypal.
- To insert the contact form into some page or post use the icon that will appear when editing contents:
- After doing that, the tag [CP_CONTACT_FORM_PAYPAL] will be inserted into your content. When you preview the content in the public website that tag will be replaced by the reservation form:
The process in detail
- The user fills your contact form
- The user clicks "submit" and is automatically sent to PayPal for the payment
- In background (transparent to the user): The request is saved into the local database and mark as "un-paid"
- The user completes the payment at Paypal
- In background (transparent to the user): Upon completed the payment, you (the website owner or administrator) receive a notification email with the data posted by the user.
- In background (transparent to the user): The request is marked as "paid".
- The user receives an automatic "confirmation/thank you" email.
- The user returns to a "confirmation/thank you" page into your WordPress website
Managing the Forms
After going to the WordPress administration menu >> Settings >> CP Contact Form with Paypal you will see the list of forms like in the following image:
For each form you will see the following options:
- ID: Identification number of the form, useful when publishing an specific contact form.
- Form Name: Name to identify the form. Visible only from the admin area.
- Update: Updates the form name.
- Settings: For managing the main contact form settings.
- Messages: Printable list of messages (both paid and unpaid).
- Delete: Deletes the form and all its messages and settings.
- Shorttag: An alternative way for publishing the form.
After clicking the "Settings" button you will reach to a new page with a large number of options as explained below.
The Form Builder
The Form Builder lets you to add/edit/remove fields into the form and also to specify the validation rules for your form (required fields, email fields, etc...). Note: The form builder is completely available only in the Professional version.
Form Builder screenshot:
The following field types are currently available:
- Single Line Text: Classic text input.
- Number: This field can validate if only digits or a valid number was entered.
- Email: This field validates that the email address has a valid format.
- Date: Date-picker. Can be setup also to show also a selectable year and month, for example for birth date fields.
- Paragraph Text:
- Checkboxes: Classic checkboxes, select one or more on a group.
- Multiple Choice: Radio buttons, select one of many.
- Dropdown: Classic select / dropdown field.
- Upload File: For uploading files.
- Password: A field that shows * instead the typed letters. You can also add a confirm password validation.
- Section Break: It's a line for separating areas group of fields
- Phone field: Supports international formats line ###-###-#####. The format is configurable.
- Comment area: It's a comment to introduce to a section of the form or give instructions to the user.
- Page Break: Useful for creating multi-page forms. The "page break" marks the start of a new page in the form builder
Other features in the form builder:
- Equal fields validation: Use it for example to confirm if the email or password typed in two different fields are the same. This is valid for "Single Line Text", "Password" and "Email" fields.
- Dependent fields: Use this feature for show/hide fields (any field type) based in the selection made on other fields (checkboxes, radiobuttons or select/drop-down fields).
Editing the field settings in the Form Builder, screenshot:
When you click a field already added, you can edit its details and validation rules. The following properties are useful:
- Field Label: Label for the field in the public form and into the email.
- Field tag for the message: In addition to the general %INFORMATION% tag, you can use this tag to show the field value into a specific tag of the email. More info at this FAQ entry.
- Specific settings: The settings depends of the field type, for example the format of the phone number, the date format, etc...
- Validation rule: The validation rules depends of the field type, example: required, only digits, valid email, valid number, etc...
- Predefined value: Pre-filled value for the field, if any.
- Instructions for user: This text will appear in a smaller form below the field. It's useful for giving instructions to the user.
- Add CSS layout keywords: Customize the look & feel. More info at this FAQ entry.
Settings area for the Contact Form
For each form you will be able to edit the following settings:
* Click image to see full screenshot.
You can test the following live demo of the pro version: