CP Appointment Calendar is a Wordpress plugin which allows you to define "available" time slots that can be booked by the website visitors. It's integrated with Paypal for receiving the booking payments.
It's pretty useful for booking/management of meetings / appointments for lawyers firms, teachers, doctors, veterinaries, beauticians, etc... and for any kind of activity which is developed with specific schedule during the day.
Some of its features are:
- The website visitors can select an available time slot for the appointment and pay for it through Paypal / credit cards.
- Once a time slot has been booked and paid it's doesn't appear as available in order to prevent duplicated bookings.
- You receive an email after each confirmed (paid) booking.
- The user receives a thank you/confirmation email after completing the payment.
- Allows customizing the contents of the notification/confirmation emails.
- Allows defining the product name at Paypal, the currency, the Paypal language and amount to pay for a booking (you can set zero to let the user pay/donate the desired amount).
- Allows defining the working days and the exact time slots available.
- Allows defining the number of months (calendar pages) to show at the same time for the booking calendar.
- Supports date format as mm/dd/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy
- Supports both am/pm and military time.
- You can define the start day of the week.
- You can define the minimum available date and the maximum available date for the bookings.
- You can restrict specific dates.
- Easy Ajax administration for the calendar.
To install the WordPress plugin follow these steps:
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the files into the folder "/wp-content/plugins".
- Configure the settings at the administration menu >> Settings >> CP Appointment Calendar. Important: Be sure to add at least some available time slots for booking.
- To insert the appointment calendar form into some content or post use the icon that will appear when editing contents:
- After doing that, the tag [APPOINTMENT_CALENDAR_FORM_WILL_APPEAR_HERE] will be inserted into your content. When you preview the content in the public website that tag will be replaced by the reservation form:
From the website's visitor point of view:
The website's visitor will reach to the form where the first step will be to select the date and after clicking the date a floating dialog will be displayed for selecting the time slots available for the clicked date.
After selecting the date and filling the other form fields (phone, name, email and open comments field) the visitor will click "continue" and will be automatically redirected to Paypal to make the payment and confirm the booking.
After completed the Paypal payment the booking will become automatically confirmed, the time slot selected will become unavailable and two emails will be sent: a notification email to your email address and a confirmation/thank you email to the customer that completed the payment.
You will be able to check the booking details from the WordPress administration area (CP Appointment Calendar Settings) by clicking on the selected time slot.
Defining the available time slots
To define the available time slots go to the WordPress administration menu >> Settings >> CP Appointment Calendar and you will see a calendar area like this one:
The first step is to un-check the non-working days, for example Sunday and Saturday.
The second step (important!) is to click on each weekday tab and add the time slots available for each day. There are options to add many time slots in one single step, so this is an easy but important step.
There is also a "Restricted Dates" tab that allows disabling specific days, for example holidays.
Finally you can click a date and manually add appointments or check the appointments made into the selected date.
Below the calendar there are several configuration settings that are explained in the section below.
To edit the configuration settings go to the WordPress administration menu >> Settings >> CP Appointment Calendar and below the calendar you will see an area containing the following settings:
- Public Calendar Settings:
- Calendar language: The calendar language. Currently supports English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish.
- Date format: The date format mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyy.
- Calendar pages: The number of calendar months to be shown at the same time
- Military time: Sets am/pm or military time.
- Start weekday: The start weekday of the week. Default is Sunday.
- Minimum available date: You may want some time to review the booking, so you can set the minimum selectable date as a fixed date (Ex: 2012-10-25) or as a relative date like "today" or "today + 3 days".
- Maximum available date: Similar to the previous field, in this case for selecting the maximum selectable date.
- Paypal Payment Configuration:
- Enable Paypal Payments: Allows to enable/disable the Paypal payment option (available only in "pro" version).
- Paypal email: The email of the Paypal that will receive the payments.
- Request cost: Payment amount requested to confirm a booking.
- Paypal product name: The name that will appear to the customer at Paypal.
- Currency: The currency, example: USD, EUR, GBP, etc...
- URL to return after successful payment: After the Paypal payment the user may go back to a page into your website (usually a "thank you" page). Paste here the complete address of that page.
- URL to return after an incomplete or cancelled payment: After a canceled/incomplete Paypal payment the user may go back to a page into your website, usually a page with more instructions or requesting feedback. Paste here the complete address of that page.
- Paypal language: The language that will be used for the Paypal payment. It's any Paypal supported language.
- Notification Settings:
- Notification "from" email: The email used as from in the notifications.
- Send notification to email: The email address where the notification will be sent to (ex: your email address).
- Email subject confirmation to user: Subject of the thank you/confirmation email sent to the user (customer) after completing the payment.
- Email confirmation to user: Content of the thank you/confirmation email sent to the user (customer) after completing the payment. Keep the tag %INFORMATION% that will be replaced automatically by the booking information.
- Email subject notification to admin: Subject of the notification email that you will receive.
- Email notification to admin: Content of the notification email that you will receive. Keep the tag %INFORMATION% that will be replaced automatically by the booking information.
Customization and adjustments
We offer custom coding services for custom modifications and adjustments, feel free to contact us and we will send you a very competitive quote for the requested modifications.