Product type: Wordpress Plugin
CodePeople Post Map
CodePeople Post Map allows to associate geolocation information to your posts and to integrate your blog with Google Maps in an easy and natural way.
CodePeople Post Map draws the route between points in the post.
CodePeople Post Map allows to insert a Google Map in a post or in any of the WordPress templates that display multiple posts: home page, archive, category, search results.
The map inserted in a single post displays a marker at the position indicated by the geolocation information pertaining to the post, but also shows markers of the last posts published in related categories. The number of markers to display can be set in the plugin's settings.
The map inserted into a template displaying multiple posts will contain as many markers as posts making up the page with the associated geolocation info. When the mouse is hovered over the marker, the post to which it belongs gets highlighted.
CodePeople Post Map has a wide range of settings to make your maps more versatile and adaptable.
Note: If you are using Dreamweaver rather WordPress to build your website, there is a Google Maps Inserter for Dreamweaver with similar features.
CodePeople Post Map in action.
- The plugin is capable of dealing with large volumes of dots or markers.
- Another way for users to discover additional entries related to the post.
- The location information can be defined by physical address or point coordinates.
- The location information and description may be used in posts search (only for advanced plugin version).
- Allows addresses in different languages.
- Allows to insert a map in the best position within your blog or simply associate the geolocation information to the post but without displaying the map.
- Generates dynamic points from the geolocation information, stored in the image's metadata when it is uploaded to WordPress.
- Generates dynamic points on map, relative to the geolocation information, assigned to the posts from WordPress App.
- Allows to associate a map to all public post types in WordPress (page and post are accepted by default)
- Allows to insert the map as widget on sidebars.
- Draws the route between points in the post.
- Markers customization.
- Allows to display or hide the bubbles with markers information.
- Allows to display a bubble opened by default.
- Allows to display a link to get directions to the point.
- Allows to display a link to open the point directly on Google Maps.
- Allows to display a link to display directly the street view in the specific point.
- Allows to embed maps in multiple languages.
- Displays markers belonging to posts of the same categories.
- Allows to display all markers that belong to a specific category.
- Allows to display all markers on the website.
- Allows to styling the map.
- Several customization options are available: initial zoom, width, height, margins, alignment, map type, map language, the way the map is displayed in a single post (either fully deployed or icon to display map), enable or disable map controls, the number of points plotted on a map, as well as the class that will be assigned to the post when the mouse hovers over the marker associated with the post.
Note: The geolocation information is stored in image's metadata from mobiles or cameras with GPS devices.
You can test the following live demo of the pro version: